We talked about the Top 5 Reasons you need to live in Overbrook. Now we will talk about the Top 5 Reasons you need to live in Lakewood. This subdivision is situated in a great area of North Little Rock, Arkansas. North Little Rock (NLR) is located on the other side of the Arkansas River from Little Rock. The city size is approximately 60,000. Although not large in population NLR has everything you need in one package. Lakewood is the slightly older next-door neighbor of Overbook. Being so close, they do share a lot of the same amenities. However, there are some differences we will take a look at both in this blog.
5. LOCATION. Lakewood is conveniently located close to Interstates 30, 40 and Highway 67/167. You’re 15 minutes from Little Rock and the LRAFB. No matter where you work or play in Central Arkansas it is easily accessible from Lakewood.
4. SHOPPING. Lakewood has some great places to shop. Choose from individual stores or the largest enclosed shopping mall in Central Arkansas. McMain Mall has over 80 stores to choose from plus a movie theater and is within one mile of Lakewood. Look for Dillards, Sears, JC Penney, Target, Kirkland’s, Pier One Imports, Walgreens, Walmart Supercenter, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Home Depot and Lowes plus many more in this area. Need something from the grocery store? Not a problem, there are two Kroger stores and an Edward’s Food Saver nearby.
3. FOOD/HEALTH/RECREATION. We all have to eat! Might as well have some places to go. Lakewood is close to some of the best eating in Central Arkansas. North Bar and Lakewood Lounge are locally owned and are serving some delicious custom burgers and seafood! Need a steak? Pick from Texas Roadhouse, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Longhorn and Outback. There are tons of other places to dine at as well. Here’s a list of some good places NLR Eateries. These aren’t the only places to eat just the ones that came to mind. After all that food you may need to hit the gym. There are several to choose from in the area. NLR Athletic Club is great for families with children. LA Fitness is newer to the area and has a very nice facility. 10 Fitness and Anytime Fitness are also great places to workout. There are several golf courses in the area. One of these being Burns Park which also features a frisbee course, playgrounds, picnic areas, pavilions, tennis courts, ball fields, dog park and more.
2. SCHOOL. Lakewood is zoned for Lakewood and Crestwood Elementary, NLR Middle and NLR High School. Both elementary schools are highly rated in Central Arkansas. Crestwood won Best of the Best public elementary school for 2017 and is in the running for 2018. NLR High School is big on academics. They have also won several state championships in different sporting categories. All of the schools in North Little Rock have been rebuilt or revamped. Kids can also enjoy recreational sports with the Lakewood Property Owners Associaton.
1. NEIGHBORHOOD AMENITIES. Lakewood has some nice attributes that make this area a great place to call home. Lakewood was built around six man-made lakes. The largest is approximately 60 acres in size. Residents can enjoy recreational activities around these lakes. One of the lakes features a park, playground, basketball and tennis courts, pavilion, clubhouse, and ball field. It is approximately one mile around this lake and park. Residents love using this area for outdoor exercise. Lakewood features an Olympic size swimming pool along with baseball and soccer fields. The pool is open to the public but does require a small fee to enter. There are different voluntary membership fees available through the Lakewood Property Owners Association.
If you decide to call the Lakewood area of North Little Rock, Arkansas home you will not be sorry! Thanks for reading!