Overbrook was established back in the early 1970’s and was always intended for families. It is located in the perfect area of North Little Rock, AR. Here’s a breakdown of the top 5 Reasons to live in Overbrook.
5. WORK. Most of us have to work in order to make a living. You might as well live in an area that gives easy access to the major interstates. Overbrook is within 2.5 miles of Interstates 40 and 30 and 2 miles from 67/167. Work in Little Rock? No problem, it’s just on the other side of the river about 15 minutes away. The LRAFB is just a 15-minute drive as well.
4. SHOPPING and ENTERTAINMENT. Occasionally you may need to run to the store for something. Overbrook is located near the best shopping in North Little Rock. McCain Mall is central Arkansas’ largest enclosed shopping mall and has Regal Cinema inside. Look for Dillards, Sears, JC Penney, Target, Kirkland’s, Pier One Imports, Walgreens, Walmart Supercenter, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Home Depot and Lowes plus many more in this area. Need something from the grocery store? Not a problem, there are two Kroger stores and an Edward’s Food Saver nearby.
3. FOOD/HEALTH/RECREATION. We all have to eat! Might as well have some places to go. Overbrook is close to some of the best eating in Central Arkansas. North Bar and Lakewood Lounge are locally owned and are serving some delicious custom burgers and seafood! Need a steak? Pick from Texas Roadhouse, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Longhorn and Outback. There are tons of other places to dine at as well. Here’s a list of some good places NLR Eateries. These aren’t the only places to eat just the ones that came to mind. After all that food you may need to hit the gym. There are several to choose from in the area. NLR Athletic Club is great for families with children. LA Fitness is newer to the area and has a very nice facility. 10 Fitness and Anytime Fitness are also great places to workout. There are several golf courses in the area. One of these being Burns Park which also features a frisbee course, playgrounds, picnic areas, pavilions, tennis courts, ball fields, dog park and more.
2. SCHOOL. Overbrook is zoned for two elementary schools, Indian Hills and Crestwood the latter ranks in the top public elementary schools in Central Arkansas. Everyone who lives in the North Little Rock School District is zoned for NLR Middle School and NLR High School. All of the schools in North Little Rock have been rebuilt or revamped. NLR High School has won several State championships over the years. There are also recreational sports for everyone in Lakewood, we’ll talk about that area in another blog. It’s right next to Overbrook and just as nice.
1. NEIGHBORHOOD AMENITIES. Overbrook provides nice amenities for its residents. There is an Olympic size swimming pool plus two large pavilions. Both can be rented for parties. Three tennis courts, playground, and a walking trail. There are several events throughout the year for families to enjoy. Check out https://rem.ax/2NqAi4h for more information. There is a yearly fee of $149 to live in Overbrook. If you are interested in learning more about moving to Overbrook check out http://www.remaxar.com.
Thanks for reading!